What is Megaupload Download?
megaupload-dl (Megaupload Download) is a program which helps downloading files from Megaupload using a Premium Account. The files to download can be specified as parameters, or they can be retrieved from a local file, an URL or from the clipboard.
If you use Debian, Ubuntu, or another distro which uses deb packages, you can download the deb (megaupload-dl-0.3.6.deb) and simply double-click on it to launch the installer, or you can add my repository to your sources.list file, so that your distro can inform you of new releases.
If you choose the second method, open the file /etc/apt/sources.list with your favorite editor as root and add this line:
Update the list of packages writing
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/zootropo/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
sudo aptitude updateon the terminal, and install the application by writing
sudo aptitude install megaupload-dl.
If you use other distribution, download the tar.gz: megaupload-dl-0.3.6.tar.gz, uncompress it, and execute the command
make install with root privileges.
This program doesn't have a GUI, it has to be executed from the command line (Applications > Accessories > Terminal).
Download one or several megaupload links:
megaupload-dl http://megaupload.com/?d=FILE1 ... http://megaupload.com/?d=FILEN
Download a list of links from an URL:
Download a list of links from a file:
Download a list of links from the clipboard (PyGTK has to be installed):
You can help us by clicking on the donate button. Donations will be made through PayPal, guaranteeing a secure transaction.Thank you! We really appreciate your support.
Changelogv0.3.6 - March 9, 2009
- Adapted to Megaupload's new login system (Esteban Sanchez)
- Hide the password when typing it at the console
- Ask for the user name and password instead of using the cookie from Firefox
- Read links from the clipboard (-c option). PyGTK has to be installed
- Read links from an URL
- Tries to retrieve Megaupload cookie from Firefox profile
- Deletes each URL from the file when its download is finished
- Works on Windows (Python and wget have to be installed)
- Now works when Direct Downloads is selected at Megaupload preferences
- Exception handling
- Download a list of files from Megaupload using your Premium account
If you ever need to uninstall the application just run the command
sudo aptitude purge megaupload-dl as root if you installed it using the deb package or the repository, or execute the command
make uninstall from the tar.gz file if you installed it using this method.